This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Twitter can be a great resource for discovering new books, especially when you follow bestselling authors who often read and recommend novels before they’ve even been released. Here’s what a few of our favourite writers have been talking about lately.
1. Marian Keyes retweeted praise for Sam Baker’s new novel, The Woman Who Ran, saying: “It’s a great book. I loved it too.”
2. With the recent release of the Baileys Women’s Prize for Fiction longlist, Hannah Beckerman was chatting about The House at the Edge of the World by Julia Rochester. “I LOVED The House at the Edge of the World,” she said. “Thoughtful, atmospheric, emotionally haunting. Deserves its place.”
3. Our very own writing agony aunt, Dear Thing author Julie Cohen, shared a picture of the new paperback by Laura Tait and Jimmy Rice this week – The Night That Changed Everything. She said: “My reading treat today. I love your sense of humour @LauraAndJimmy.”
4. My Everything author Katie Marsh, meanwhile, has been pretty lost in the new Amanda Jennings novel, In Her Wake. “Just finished #InHerWake. It made me miss bus stops and I read till dawn. What an addictive triumph of a book.”
5. We’ve been excited about the new series from Cathy Bramley, The Plumberry School of Comfort Food, for a while now and funny lady Lisa Dickenson pushed it right to the top of our reading list. “Happiest of Happy Publication Days to the one and only @CathyBramley – this absolutely delicious morsel is out NOW!”
What books have you been reading and recommending lately?