This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
The temperature has dropped, the evenings are getting darker and keeping warm and toasty is suddenly a massive priority. Now is definitely the time to be making a few investments in your winter wardrobe, but there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy a bookish twist while you’re all bundled up. Here are five winter wearables, which have a lick of the literary about them!
1. We’re usually sorry to see the carefree summer days of bare legs and open-toe sandals go, but these printed tights featuring a quote from an Emily Dickinson poem have changed all that. Available in 10 different colours with quotes from Alice in Wonderland and Shakespeare available amongst others, we’ll be investing in several pairs of these beauties for sure. £16 from Etsy.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
2. With options ranging from Pride and Prejudice and Sherlock Holmes to childhood favourites like Alice in Wonderland and The Secret Garden, Storiarts makes beautiful infinity scarves featuring text straight from the corresponding book. £26+ from Storiarts.
3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green was arguably the young adult phenomenon of the year. If you’ve read the book, seen the film and sobbed your way through the love story of Hazel and Gus multiple times, these handmade gloves are for you. £22 from Etsy.
4. Are your winter socks overdue a makeover? Check these library-inspired ones out! £7.99 from The Literary Gift Company.
5. Prone to wearing your favourite book on your sleeve? Out of Print Clothing has a simply gorgeous selection of super soft literary jumpers. You can choose from The Great Gatsby, The Little Prince and Jane Eyre or go for something like 1984, A Clockwork Orange or To The Lighthouse. £26+ from Out of Print Clothing.