Does any of the following describe you?
- You’re near to completing the writing of your novel, or have a completed manuscript and are now considering either publishing via the traditional route, or through self-publishing but haven’t decided which one yet.
- You’re near to completing the writing of your novel, or have a completed manuscript and want to publish and market it but have no idea of what to do, or what your options are.
- You’re writing your novel and want to make a head start on the key things you’ll need to consider now when it comes to publishing and marketing your book in the future.
If so, our book publishing and marketing email course called Novel to Publish Author will help you!
What is Novel to Published Author?
It’s a 6 months email course that helps you to establish your goals as a novelist, determine the best approach to getting published based upon your goals, and guides you through you chosen pathway to publishing and marketing your novel.
You will receive a welcome email to set the scene of what you’re about to embark upon and then 1 high quality lesson sent to your inbox every week, once a week for 6 months. You’ll receive 26 lessons in total. Altogether, the course is approximately 39,000 words long.
What topics does Novel to Published Author cover?
- Traditional Publishing vs Self-Publishing and which route to take for your unique goals as a novelist.
- A deep dive into Traditional Publishing and what the process entails.
- A deep dive into Self-Publishing and what’s involved.
- How to effectively use social media to start promoting you and your novel before its even published.
- How to write a high impact submission package to send to agents and/or publishers.
- How to hire the right editors if you’re self-publishing.
- Understanding whether you need a literary agent or not.
- Advice on avoiding scams.
- The importance of formatting your novel and getting an eye-catching cover designed for it.
- How to submit your novel to agents, publishers and smaller pieces of work to publications such as magazines and competitions.
- How to keep an eye on cash by creating a financial budget for publishing your novel.
- How to positively deal with waiting for agents, publishers and other professionals to get back to you.
- An understanding of key self-publishing platforms (e.g. Amazon KDP) and how these can be used to publish eBooks and books in print.
- The different formats you can publish your novel in, and the various online retailers you can use to self-publish your novel and make it available for sale.
- Contracts and what you should expect when signing them with agents and publishers.
- The key stages involved with signing a contract with an agent, what to expect an agent to do for you, and getting a publishing contract with a publisher.
- The benefits of networking as an author and how to do it the right way.
- What to expect after you’ve signed a publishing contract with a publisher.
- The importance of an author website and how to create one.
- Why book reviews are important and how to get them.
- Getting ready for the all-important launch date of your novel.
- How to effectively utilize advertising to make more book sales.
- How to keep promoting yourself and your work on social media after you’ve published your novel.
- Challenges to expect after you’ve published your novel such as lower than expected book sales, negative book reviews and how to be prepared for such scenarios.
- Specific challenges you might come across after publishing your novel traditionally, or through self-publishing and how to deal with these.
- Advice on how to write your next your novel and how to continue your career as a professional novelist.
At the end of each lesson, there will be two tasks for you to do to apply what you’ve learnt ready for the following lesson the week after.
Who is the author of Novel to Published Author?
The author is Natasha Simmons, a Writing Tips Oasis Associate, novelist, editor, and ghostwriter of over 30 novels in genres ranging from crime to romance, who has experience of the entire book publishing and marketing process. She signed with a literary agent and her novel, a psychological thriller entitled Whispers of Innocence, was published by Red Adept Publishing. Natasha has a Bachelor’s Degree in Creative Writing and English.
How is Novel to Published Author delivered?
The course is delivered via email.
What will I achieve by taking Novel to Published Author?
By taking the lessons and doing the tasks at the end of each one, by the end of 6 months you will have taken concrete steps on your chosen path to getting published (e.g. submitted your manuscript to a book publisher, or self-published with a self-publishing platform) and made significant progress in marketing yourself as an author (e.g. actively using social media for promotional purposes, or networked with professionals in the book publishing industry). However, they are no guarantees. You need to put in the work.
Can I receive all the lessons in one go?
The course has been designed to be a weekly one with each lesson building upon the last. Therefore, the only way to participate is by receiving one email lesson per week for 6 months.
Who is Novel to Published Author not for?
- If you’re 100% sure you only want to publish traditionally or only want to self-publish, then this course might not be the best one for you, as it provides education in both of these types of publishing.
- If you’re already proficient in marketing books, then this course might be too basic for you.
- If you’ve just started writing your novel and just want to focus on writing as you feel it’s too early to think about publishing and marketing, then it’s not the right time for you to take the course.
Is any additional support available while completing Novel to Published Author?
Novel to Published Author is a self-paced course, which means learning in your own time. We’re not able to provide any individual tutoring. However, please feel free to request any additional information that might be helpful to you and we can add additional, bonus lessons to the course and they will be e-mailed out to you.
What do I need to participate?
The only things you need are access to your emails, and a laptop to plan your publishing route and then start to take action.
How much does Novel to Published Author cost?
The course is priced at $129 (USD).
Does the course come with a full money back guarantee?
Of course! It comes with a 30 day full money back guarantee. If for whatever reason you want a refund, just email email@example.com within 30 days of purchase and your money will be refunded hassle-free asap.
Where can I purchase Novel to Published Author?
Click on the following button to purchase the course.
After you’ve purchased the course, a welcome email to the course will be emailed out to you and you’ll then receive 1 email lesson every 7 days for 6 months!