This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
You’ve heard of wearing your heart on your sleeve, right? Well, why not wear your love of books on your wrist?
1. Bibliophile bracelet by A Likely Story on Etsy. Made with copper-toned replica typewriter keys and a tinted pewter book charm, this bracelet has a lovely vintage feel. You can adjust the length of the bracelet between 7.5 and 9 inches and it costs around £19.
2. I am in love with the hand-stamped aluminium jewellery by Emery Drive. There is a terrific range of bracelet designs, including the ‘writer’ one pictured above and an Austen themed version with a quote from Persuasion: ‘I am half agony, half hope.’ The cuffs are made to order and you are welcome to customise your bracelet (up to fifty letters and spaces) at no extra cost. The writer cuff pictured costs around £10 and is available from Etsy.
3. Okay, this is another Etsy pick (I can't help it, that site is stuffed full of talented makers and drool-worthy stuff); a Sherlock Holmes brass cuff. A quote from Conan Doyle's The Valley of Fear:
‘Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius.’
Is set on top of an image of a Victorian London map (Baker Street is visible just underneath the ‘W’). The bracelet is handmade in Dorset, England, by Jezebel Charms, and costs £28.19.
4. This charming bracelet features a silver-coloured white rabbit (inspired by Alice in Wonderland) on a red faux leather twist. The bracelet is packaged with a printed postcard featuring the a Lewis Carroll quote and an illustration of the White Rabbit. £7.50 from Literary Emporium on NotOnTheHighStreet.
5. The books featured on this elasticated bracelet include The Color Purple, To Kill A Mockingbird and Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, and have all been banned at some point. The book covers are reproduced on enamelled metal and there is one panel with the words ‘I read banned books’. The banned book bracelet costs £14.50 from The Literary Gift Company and is also available in a Young Literature version (panels are smaller in size, but it still fits an adult wrist) for £12.99.