This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Okay, so most of us don’t actually need a pencil case anymore, but if you have a young relative at school, or are an artist who carries their sketching kit in case of inspiration, or even just a pen-addicted writer who requires a variety of nib-types and colours at all times (ah-hem), these are some of the finest (and cutest) pencil cases on the market.
1. This pencil case is made from one long zip – cool! The Rainbow Zip pencil case is available in red (pictured), purple, black, blue, green or pink and it costs just £5 from Blott.
2. This set is clearly aimed at children, but I still have a soft spot for these ready-filled pencil cases. Those tiny scissors and dinky ruler, the matching pens and pencils… Happy sigh. Plus, Sully and Mike are two of the best Disney characters of all time. Fact. The Monsters University filled pencil case is £10 and available from The Disney Store.
3. For retro style with a humorous twist, take a peek at this tin. It features an extremely cross little girl in a spacesuit (love the red boots). £5 by Nicky Snow on Not On The High Street.
4. Perhaps simple and chic is more your thing, and you'd like a thoroughly grown-up pencil case. As long as you don’t need to cart around too many pens and pencils, this slimline case will do the job beautifully. The case is made from soft leather and comes in either poppy red, lilac or peppermint green. It costs £18 from Not On The High Street.
5. Sumptuous, luxurious, covetable… These are words not usually associated with the humble pencil case. However, I think they might apply to the Wild Rose velvet pouch from Cox & Cox. The case is lightly padded, with a wild rose pattern on a plum background and a cotton cambric lining. The case is £9.50 and you can buy matching Kindle/iPad/laptop sleeves, if you so desire.