We've brought you lovely bookish
necklaces, t-shirts, and bracelets, but this week we're shining the spotlight on earrings. Yes, ear lobes need literary adornment, too, and the following five sets all deserve centre stage. Or at least a bit part in your jewellery box.
1. Vintage-style pen nib earrings from Bookish with silver-plated hooks. These look like Victorian pen nibs, but are actually made from vinyl (which, presumably, will be nice and light for comfortable use). The earrings are supplied in a gift box and cost £18.
2. These dinky earrings are pefect for the writer in your life – one earring reads 'Chapter One', and the other 'The End'. Made in England by Jezebel Charms, the earrings feature a magnifying glass cabochon set into a brass setting. The shop stocks a wide variety of literary earrings in this style, including a Shakespeare
(Macbeth) themed pair – one earring reads 'By the pricking of my thumbs' and the
other 'something wicked this way comes'. £19 from Jezebel Charms.
3. I am continually amazed by the creativity of keen upcyclers and the variety of beautiful objects that can be made from vintage books. These origami leaf book page
earrings are made from a 1954 french copy of Steinbeck's East of Eden with metal and labradorite accent beads. The earrings are approximately £11.30 from FoldIT Creations on Etsy.
4. There are loads of Great Gatsy inspired accessories around at the moment, cashing in on the release
of Baz Luhrmann's film, but as I've long been a fan of Art Deco I
don't mind in the least… These vintage-style marcasite and pearl earrings are understated and elegant. They feature freshwater pearls and all settings are sterling silver. £28 from Gama Weddings on NotOnTheHighStreet.
5. If understated and elegant isn't your bag and you prefer your jewellery quirky, fun, and with a touch of Steampunk style, then these golden snitch earrings may just tickle your fancy. Made with aged-brass round lockets and silver-coloured wings, these quidditch-inspired pretties cost around £13.50 from Etsy.