This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Isn’t winter the best time to be a book nerd? Long, dark nights curled up at home by the fire or in bed? Turning pages with one hand and sipping delicious hot drinks with the other? Mmmhmm. You know what we’re saying. If you’re feeling especially decadent this winter, here are a few reading accessories that’ll make your seasonal geekery all the more glorious.
1. This ultra soft microfibre ‘Once Upon a Time’ duvet cover is perfect for any reader looking to slip away to faraway fictional lands of an evening. Isn’t it pretty? £82.50 from Etsy.
2. More portable than a duvet, we’re kind of in love with this woven Alice in Wonderland blanket; though it’d be tricky to choose between that and the Pride and Prejudice design. Bonus: These beauties can also be hung as a tapestries … you know … for when you buy your wood-panelled hunting lodge and stuff. £52 from Etsy.
3. Winter is coming, and no winter is complete without a nice candle to illuminate the pages as you read. The Game of Thrones scented candle promises to transport you to a crisp night in a snow-covered forest in Winterfell, where a comforting fire beckons. Protip: Sleep with one eye open, ‘cause this is Game of Thrones, yo. £12 from Etsy.
4. Tea-drinking is our second favourite winter activity so this Alice in Wonderland tea set is perfect. Made by Whittard, you can collect the whole set or treat yourself to a lone mug. £ Various from Whittard.
5. How would you like your own Harry Potter jumper, like the ones Mrs. Weasley knitted for Christmas presents? Thought so. £76 from Etsy.