This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Glastonbury got you in the mood for a bit of rock? Fancy an access-all-areas backstage pass to the glamorous lives of fictional stars? Why not try one of these novels – all of which feature a rock (or pop) celebrity.
1.The House on Mermaid Point by Wendy Wax – Three women, Maddie, Avery and Nikki, restore houses professionally. Their latest project belongs to a rock-and-roll legend – the sort of rock star from your wildest fantasies – especially Maddie's fantasies. And this rock and roll legend, unbelievably, is intrigued by her.
2. Hollywood Sinners by Victoria Fox – Four women, four relationships. A sexy and sensational story with a dangerous and dark rock star to boot.
3. Rock Chicks by Ronni Cooper – This novel states that: "Behind every great man there is a woman. Behind the world's greatest rock band there are three." There is Coco, the groupie, Marny, the wife, and Lori, the manager. Three strong women. Plus one rock band.
4. The Devil You Know by Louise Bagshawe – Three women, a New Yorker, an LA rock chick and an English public school girl are about to be brought together thanks to a sinister secret in their pasts.
5. A Place to Call Home by Carole Matthews – Ayesha leaves home with her daughter in the middle of the night. Hayden is a former popstar, now a bit of a recluse, and is persuaded to allow Ayesha to stay with him. A bond develops between them – only enemies then threaten their home.
6. Good Husband Material by Trisha Ashley – Tish has married a perfect man. He's dependable, handsome and good father material. Plus he helped mend her heart after Fergal, her teenage sweetheart – who went on to forge a career in rock 'n' roll – broke it. A move to the country occurs and children are next on the cards. But James treats the pub as his second home. Soon her thoughts start straying towards Fergal…
7. Johnny Be Good by Paige Toon – Johnny is the bad, rock 'n' roll boy to Meg's good girl. Meg has flown out to LA to work as PA to the world's hottest rock star. She is determined not to fall under his spell. Only life has other plans…
8. Silkworm by Robert Galbraith – Okay, this a tenuous link to the rock star theme but I couldn't resist. Cormoran Strike, a private detective, is the illegitimate son of a rock star. That's all the rock star bit mentioned. In Silkworm, an author has gone missing and Cormoran is brought in to find him.
9. A Family Scandal by Zoe Miller – Twenty years ago Zach Anderson died in mysterious circumstances. Now, Ellie, Miranda and his lovechild Lucy, find themselves in the media spotlight once more.
10. It Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning – Ellie Cohen is living the dream, except for her rock star father, who refuses to acknowledge her, and her various challenging boyfriends – one of whom sells Ellie out to the press. Along comes David Gold to manage the media crisis…
Can you think of any rock 'n' roll novels we might have missed?