1. Don't be slovenly, make out you are going to the office so dress and put make-up on. It puts you in right mind set.
2. Read as much as you write. Both fiction and non-fiction for research
3. To set you off with a new book try writing the blurb for the back of it. I find a few exciting lines bring focus to what the book is about.
4. Don't show your work to anyone but agent or editor. Anyone else will tell you it’s great, even if its dire. It’s your baby, nurture it yourself.
5. If you are bored with what you are writing, so will the reader be. Move onto a more exciting part, you can always go back and fill in another day with better ideas.
The Promise by Lesley Pearse is out now