This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Jess, from Catch Me if You Cannes by Lisa Dickenson, has a very small comfort zone. She needs to live, explore and have adventures. So, when her friend, Bryony, a journalist, is sent to cover the Cannes Film Festival, Jess seizes her chance and goes with her.
So there she was, in the French Riviera. As Jess stepped out of her hotel, she could smell an amazing aroma. Salt, money and chocolate. An irresistible combination. Yes, she thought. She could get used to this.
Then her eyes tell her where the scent of the chocolate is coming from. A crêpe seller. Who could resist? 'Je voudrais une crêpe, s'il vous plaît,' she says, in her best* French accent. The crêpe seller adds nutella and cream. and Jess thinks she's in food heaven. Then a man comes running towards her to ask her where she got the crêpe. And, so, Jess has another.*awful
Catch Me if You Cannes by Lisa Dickenson is being released in four parts. All four parts are out now.
Mixing bowl, whisk, non-stick frying pan, kitchen paper towel, soup ladle.
- 250g plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- sunflower or vegetable oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients. Whisk until there are no lumps and it is nice and frothy.
- Pour a little oil in your frying pan, wipe around with the kitchen paper towel and turn up the heat.
- Pour a soup ladle amount of batter into the frying pan then tip the pan in a circular motion so it covers the entire base. (Depending on the size of your frying pan you may need a little more batter.)
- Allow to cook on a medium to high heat. Watch the pancake change colour from outside to in. Once the centre has changed colour it is ready to flip.
- Flip your pancake – you can make this as dramatic and exciting as you wish. Try not to drop it!
- Cook on the reverse side for a few more seconds.
- Serve with a big, fat dollop of nutella.