This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Spare a thought for your key ring. It's loyal, it just hangs there, minding your keys, not asking for anything at all. It's time to show the most underrated of our accessories some literary love. We've scoured the internet for the nicest, book-inspired key rings.
1. This quote from J.R.R. Tolkien is very popular and understandably so. It's inscribed here on a hammered copper rectangle by A Twist of Whimsy on Etsy. The copper has been given a patina to make it look worn and aged and a protective coating to maintain its appearance.The key ring is handmade to order and costs around £14.
2. This Wild & Wolf metal Scrabble tile key ring has a nice weight and curved edges. The split ring (part which holds the keys) is silver-coloured metal and matches the rest of the key fob. It costs £7.95 from Not On The High Street and all letters are available
3. These key rings are perfect for fans of Suzanne Collins' dystopian trilogy. The tiny clay books are mock-ups of the first two titles, The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. The key rings cost around £3.10 each from Etsy.
4. I have such a soft spot for miniatures and teeny-tiny books are my all time favourite. This fabulous key fob consists of a beautiful handmade book which measures approximately one inch square. You can open the book and use the bright blue pages (if you have really small handwriting!), or just admire the pretty rainbow dots on the cover. It costs around £9.30 from Etsy and I'm pretty sure I'd never lose my keys if I owned something this pretty to look after them.
5. These quirky spectacles key rings are made from padded leather and are available from the V&A. They are available in a variety of styles and colours and are the perfect way to celebrate your love of reading. The key rings cost £12.50 each.