This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
In case you hadn't noticed, it's time to start thinking about (and shopping for) Christmas! We've showcased a lot of lovely literary bits and bobs over the years, and if you know a bookish sort, I bet they'd love to find one or two of them stuffed into their stocking this Christmas. I'm a traditionalist and think stocking fillers should be small, fun, and cheap. Here are my top picks for under a tenner.
1. I love this cute typewriter brooch by The Lucky Fox. The badge has a typewriter illustration applied to the front of 1/8 inch thick baltic birch, which is then laser cut and the back painted black. The pin measures two by two inches and is handmade in England. It costs £5.80 from Etsy.
2. These Alice In Wonderland themed note cards are die-cut into the shape of teacups and teapots. There are twelve cards (plus envelopes) in the set, and there is an 'Eat Me' set with cake-shaped cards available, too. Alice Drink Me note cards, £10, available from Bookish England.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
3. No stocking is complete without a silly gift and the Great Literary Moustaches kit fits the bill perfectly. Author moustaches include William Shakespeare, Rudyard Kipling, Ernest Hemingway, Arthur Conan Doyle, Mark Twain and George Orwell. £4.95 from The Literary Gift Company.
4. Willy Wonka's Everlasting Gobstoppers are fruit-flavoured and change colour and flavour as you suck them. These won’t be as good as the ones from the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but they'd still make a sweet stocking filler. £1.55 per 50g box from The Traditional Sweet Shop.
5. Appropriately enough, this Write Drunk, Edit Sober, keyring is also a handy bottle opener. The quote is from Ernest Hemingway and the keyring is made from metal and plastic. It costs £4.95 and is available from Not On The High Street.