Although Harry Potter never really went
away, the news that J.K. Rowling is going to pen a movie (or two)
based within the same magical world as the Harry Potter books, is
likely to reignite interest in the boy wizard. Whether your friend is
a fan of old or a relative newbie to the stories, these
gifts are sure to delight.
1. If you know your Potter lore (and,
to be clear, you really should!), then you'll know that the Deathly Hallows are three magical objects – the elder wand,
the resurrection stone and the cloak of invisibility – and it is said that the wizard who owns all three will be all-powerful. The Deathly Hallows charm is hung on an
18-inch chain with an accent bead (different colours of bead are available on request). It costs £5.51 by MadeByKatyCrafts on Etsy.
2. I love this t-shirt from Truffle
Shuffle. It has the Gryffindor Quiddich team crest on the front and
the words 'Property of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry'
underneath. It has a brilliant 'collegiate' feel and is shaped for a
flattering fit. If you belong to one of the other houses, it's also
available in Slytherin, Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff designs. The t-shirt costs £19.99.
3. This golden snitch necklace is
really pretty and comprises a gold-coloured bead with silver wings on
either side and an 18-inch, silver-plated chain. Made by Simplicity U
on Folksy, it is priced £7.50.
4. Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans are the sweetie of choice for young witches and wizards. Be warned, however, that 'every flavour' means exactly that and you might choose an earwax, sausage or dirt flavour instead of marshmallow, lemon, or watermelon. £2.99 from American Soda.
5. Hand-stamped bangle inspired
by the marauder's map given to Harry Potter. Inscription reads 'I
solemnly swear I am up to no good.' The bangle is made from aluminium
and is adjustable to fit most wrists. It costs approximately £9.73
from SilverStatements on Etsy.