This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
One of the perks of the freelance life is the lackadaisical dress code. Most days see me in cosy pajama bottoms and a well-worn t-shirt (layered with many fleeces and cardigans at the moment – brr!). Even if you have higher standards of dress (let's face it; they could hardly be lower), a well-fitting t-shirt is still a wardrobe staple. I've picked five with excellent design and construction, and the added bonus of literature for, as we all know, there's nothing more stylish than books.
1. The classic first edition cover of Charlotte's Web printed onto a t-shirt. Created by Out Of Print and available for £27.99 from TruffleShuffle. It's also available in children's sizes (with a pale blue background); start 'em young I say!
2. This Pride and Prejudice top has a gorgeous peacock feather design subtly screen-printed onto dark grey cotton and a flattering, fitted, v-neck shape. £19.95 from TheLiteraryGiftCompany.
3. Holden Caulfield Thinks You're a Phony. This brilliant unisex design makes me smile every time I look at it. It's bold, it's witty, and it references The Catcher in the Rye. What's not to like? Available from DFTBA Records for around £12, it also comes in a Great Gatsy-inspired version (Daisy Buchanan Thinks You're a Beautiful Fool).
4. This would make an excellent gift for the hipster in your life. The 1936 first edition cover of Brave New World by Aldous Huxley is printed in a vintage, distressed style on a dark navy, unisex t-shirt. £20 from Bookish.
5. This Out of Print t-shirt features an adaptation of Louis Jambor's cover art for Alcott's Little Women. It has a reddish-pink design on an ecru background and costs £27.99 from TruffleShuffle. Need an excuse excellent reason to treat yourself? For every sale, Out of Print donate a book to a community in need through Books For Africa.