This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
The main selling point of a laptop or netbook is its portability, right? However, even the most well-designed machine is fairly delicate so you need something practical and protective to carry it about in. If it looks good, too, so much the better. Okay, so I don't tend to leave the house much and my beloved netbook is mainly used in bed (with my special bed desk thing. Yes, really. Shush.) But I'm sure you all tote your laptops to coffee shops, work, and friend's houses, and this selection is for you.
1. This neoprene case has an airmail and map design that is cute and retro without veering into sick-bag territory. Currently on offer at £22.94 from NotOnTheHighStreet.
2. I'm not usually one for fashion labels but I might make an exception for this Ted Baker laptop sleeve. The gorgeous typewriter image is really effective on the smart black case. It fits up to a 13 inch laptop and costs £30 from The Contemporary Home.
3. As far as I'm concerned, polka dots are Prozac in design form. There are plenty of polka dot cases around, but I rather like this black version with its bright, multicoloured dots. It fits up to a 15 inch size laptop, has a practical cross-body strap as well as a handle, and a cheerful red lining. £18 from Paperchase.
4. The pretty posy print oil cloth exterior of this Cath Kidston case hides a memory foam inner that cradles your computer. The bad news is that it's only available for netbooks/small laptops (up to 11 inches), but the good news is that it's currently on sale for £20 from Cath Kidston.
5. If you're looking for something classic and elegant, then this zipped leather laptop sleeve from NotOnTheHighStreet fits the bill. It's designed as a snug fit for a 13 inch laptop and has a padded silk lining. It's available in slate grey or chocolate brown and is currently priced £46.75 (on special offer).