This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Beds and books are natural, um, bedfellows. I like nothing more than reading snuggled up under my duvet, with a large mug of tea on my bedside table, so I relish the opportunity to add literary pizazz to my bedding. Besides, why should your office or living room be the only places to get bookish love? Plus, many of these duvet sets give you a little something extra to read, which can only be a good thing.
1. I know this is technically a children's duvet set, but I haven't grown out of my adoration of Roald Dahl. This Charlie and Chocolate Factory cover is decorated with the iconic Quentin Blake illustrations and is 100% cotton. The single set costs £30 and includes one pillowcase, while the double is £40 and includes two. There are Matilda and The Enormous Crocodile designs, too, and are all available from John Lewis.
2. This quilted bedspread features a vintage handwriting print with a cream background. It's padded to add warmth in the winter (or to use instead of a duvet in the summer), and there are coordinating duvet covers, pillowcases and cushions available. The double-size bedspread costs £39.99 from Dunelm Mill.
3. Yes, it'll set you back around £230, but I don't think that's expensive for handmade, one-of-a-kind bookish quilt. I love the bookshelf design and the strong colours. The quilt is 152cm by 203cm and is made by Mirembe Design on Etsy.
4. I adore the muted aqua tones of this pillow/cushion cover. The fabric design is made from an original photograph of some book spines and is costs between £18 and £25 (depending on size chosen). Available from Etsy.
5. The Eivor Ord duvet cover set celebrates the English alphabet in fabulous, monochrome style. The set is 100% cotton and comes in either single, double, or king sizes (with either two or four pillowcases). The set costs £10 for the single, £15 for the double and £20 for the king. Available from IKEA.
Which set can you see yourself cozying up with?