This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
We've covered necklaces, earrings, t-shirts and bracelets before, but wearing your love of all things literary can even extend to the rings on your fingers. Adorn your hands with these bookish lovelies and admire them while you type your magnum opus.
1. Made from an authentic vintage typewriter key (measuring 1.8cm in diameter), this ring makes a striking statement. There are various keys available (with both black and cream backgrounds), including – as you might expect – letters of the alphabet. The ring is adjustable and costs around £14 from Lettershop on Etsy.
2. This ampersand ring is delightful. I love the delicate silver letter and the way it flows into the band of the ring. The ring is delivered with a presentation card which reads: 'One day I will find the right words & they will be simple. Jack Kerouac'. The ring is made from a silver-plated zinc alloy and costs £10 (an absolute steal) from Literary Emporium.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
3. Okay, this is is jewellery for serious Tolkien fans. A replica of the one true ring fashioned in gold and silver, and with the phrase 'One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, One ring to rule them all, And in the darkness bind them' inscribed in Elvish. £99.99 from Forbidden Planet.
4. This romantic engagement band and wedding ring set has a line from Wuthering Heights engraved inside: 'Whatever souls are made of, his and mine are the same.' Handmade in recycled silver, the engagement ring has a 5mm faceted white sapphire, and both bands have a textured vine effect. The set is made to order and costs around £367 from Etsy.
5. Harry Potter inspired ring featuring a handstamped metal triangle with the deathly hallows symbol.This delicate ring is perfect for stacking with others, and is available in either sterling silver, copper or brass. Priced approximately £11-£14 and available from Etsy.
Which is your favourite?