This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
If our round up of adorable organisers inspired you to ditch your electronic diary in favour of a paper one, then this list is for you. The beauty of a paper organiser lies in its scope for customisation and the stationery-purchasing opportunities it provides. With washi tape, patterned paper, stickers, and coloured pens, you can turn a plain old Filofax from a business staple into a work of art.
1. Index clips are a brilliant way to add section tabs along the top of your organiser pages. They also make excellent bookmarks for your diary. These penguin clips by Japanese designer Midori have the added bonus of ‘cute’. You get eighteen clips in the set, three each of yellow, grey and white. £8.50 from The Journal Shop.
2. These floral dividers are handmade in the UK from pretty card stock, and will provide instant colour and interest to the inside of your organiser. CharlottesWeb86 on Etsy sells a wide variety of patterns and sizes, so you're sure to find something to suit your style. The 'English Garden' set of six A5 dividers is £10.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
3. If Filofax diary pages are a bit bland for your taste, but you don't want to spend hours with washi tape and stickers to brighten them up, how about purchasing the rainbow planner printable inserts from A Bowl Full Of Lemons? These are colourful and well designed, and there are co-ordinating extras such as 'to do' lists and menu-planners available, too. The basic kit includes monthly planner, weekly diary, cover and notes and costs around £9.
4. As long as they're small enough, you can use any stickers you like to make your planner and diary pages more attractive and to highlight important dates. However, these appointment stickers from Paperchase provide handy labels such as 'birthday' and 'deadline'. The stickers cost £2.25 for a pack of two sheets.
5. Sticky notes are useful for adding extra space to diary pages and for making temporary notes. This set can be handily clipped into your organiser like an extra page, and it includes different different sizes and colours. £4.50 from Filofax.