This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Last week, author Jemma Forte stopped by to talk about the inspiration behind her novels as well as the (sometimes) undomestic process of writing books. Today, she is back with her top five writing tips for fellow scribes. Jemma's latest novel, If You're Not the One, is out now.
1. Write even when you’re not in the mood. Having something rubbish that you can edit later is better than having nothing at all.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
2. Try exercising before. You’d be amazed what a difference having a bit of blood to the brain can make.
3. When rereading a draft, if there are bits you skim over for any reason at all, cut them out. If it bores you, it will bore other people.
4. Don’t use dialogue to explain plot points. Write how people actually speak and your characters will be far more believable.
5. Have an osteopath on speed dial. Writing is terrible for your back!