This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Last Friday we featured mugs for writers and this week readers get their turn. Whether you're drinking tea, coffee, hot chocolate or Lemsip, these mug will proclaim your love of books and reading to the world.
1. This Shakespeare-inspired mug is perfect for romantic souls. It features a heart-shaped portion of text from Much Ado About Nothing (featuring the bit in which Beatrice and Benedick kiss). If Shakespeare isn't your cup of tea (sorry), the Happily Ever After mug is also available in Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice and Middlemarch editions. £9.95 from The Literary Gift Company.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
2. Classic Ladybird book cover ‘read and write’ in mug form. I must admit to having a soft spot for the current 'vintage' trend and, having grown up with Ladybird books, this mug makes me feel warm and fuzzy. How about you? £9.95 from NotOnTheHighStreet.
3. Emma Bridgewater china is known for its combination of lovely design and excellent quality. This mug matches her ‘Black Toast’ range and reads ‘Happiness is a cup of coffee and a really good book’. On the other side of the mug, it says ‘and a piece of cake’. Can’t argue with that. £17.95 from Rigby&Mac.
4. 'Reading is my superpower' earthenware mug by Lenny Mud on Etsy. The slogan and sillouette of a woman reading are handpainted in black and the inside of the mug is pink. This quirky mug is dishwasher and microwave safe and costs approximately £11.
5. Literary Transport mug featuring Gulliver's Travels. This range by Wild & Wolf celebrates the way in which 'a good book transports the reader to another time or place'. Choose from a wide variety of book titles including The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and The Hound of the Baskervilles. Available from Not The Usual for £7.95.