This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
1. Write every day, even if it's only a few lines.
2. Be completely in love with your hero.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
3. If like me, you don't plan a lot, you should at least work out what the motivations of the main characters are before you start.
4. Research the setting well, or even better, visit the locations, in order to get a feel for the place, the landscapes, the smells or anything quirky that will help readers feel they are actually there with the characters.
5. Be patient. Sometimes you get stuck but things always work out in the end. Go for a walk and talk to yourself aloud to experiment with dialogue, even if it makes you look a bit silly.
A Spell in Provence by Marie Laval is out now.