This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
1. Make an appointment with yourself. I still do this. ie. I will be at my desk be one o’clock. Don’t break that appointment unless there is an emergency. Answering the phone is usually NOT an emergency.
2. Read constantly. You never know what you will come across to inspire you.
3. Write consistently even if it’s in short bursts. You’ll lose momentum if you stay away too long.
4. Study books that are successful in the genre you want to write in. This is not the same as just reading a lot although they can be combined.
5. Revise as you go. It’s less overwhelming than waiting until the first draft is completed.
No Known Grave by Maureen Jennings is out now.