As much as we love a good romantic comedy here at Novelicious, we can’t resist the occasional psychological thriller. Here, Helen picks five exciting new titles in the genre. Have you read any good thrillers lately? We’d love to hear your recommendations!
by Helen Redfern
1. Disclaimer by Renée Knight – What if you pick up a book from your bedside table and realise the story is about you? Catherine is shocked and sickened when she realises this book, a book she has no recollection of buying, is going to reveal her darkest secret.
2. The Lie by C L Taylor – Jane Hughes has a loving partner, a job in an animal sanctuary and a tiny cottage in rural Wales. She’s happier than she’s ever been, but her life is a lie. For Jane Hughes doesn’t really exist. She’s the product of a supposed trip of a lifetime taken by Emma, Daisy, Leanne and Al five years ago. But only two of the girls made it back alive. Someone out there knows the truth about what happened, and will stop at nothing to exact revenge.
3. The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson – The Day We Disappeared is about two young women, Annie and Kate, who are running away from their past. But what is Annie's secret? And why has Kate run away? This novel is described as romantic tinged with dark secrets.
4. I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh – This novel is about Jenna Gray whose world is tragically turned upside down. She moves to a remote cottage on the Welsh coast in order to start afresh, but is haunted by grief, fears and memories. Slowly she begins to see a chink of light in her future. Little does she know, the past is about to catch up with her.
5. The Crooked House by Christobel Kent – The beautiful cover for this novel is absolutely mesmerising. Esme is a teenager and the sole survivor of an attack that left every member of her family dead. Now Esme is called Alison. She's been running from this terrible tragedy, which occured in a crooked house on a bleak estuary in a closed community, ever since. Then she falls for Paul and has to return to her old life and the community she fled.
Do you enjoy psychological thrillers? Do leave your recommendations in the comments!