This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
You may have heard talk of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie, which is absolutely everywhere right now. If all the hype has put you in the mood for another erotic read, we've put together a list of top naughty books. What others would you add?
1. The Naughty Girls Book Club by Sophie Hart – Estelle owns a cafe called Cafe Crumb. To help business she decides to start a book club, but when the group first get together it doesn't all go as Estelle plans. Her first book choice doesn't go down well. Then one of the group spots the erotic novel in Estelle's bag and, from then on, they work their way through erotic fiction titles with life-changing results.
2. Bared to You by Sylvia Day – The first in the Crossfire series, this is the story of Eve and what happens when she meets the incredibly wealthy Gideon Cross. Amanda writes in her review that this novel 'takes readers on a hot and steamy ride.'
3. Bad Brides by Rebecca Chance – To be fair, anything from Rebecca Chance could be in this list. Bad Brides is described as having 'sizzling sex scenes' along with 'steamy encounters'. As Kirsty says in her review: 'I know that when I pick up her novel I will be drawn into a world of sex, intrigue and women behaving badly.'
4. Intimate Adventures of a London Call Girl by Belle de Jour – This diary follows high-class prostitute Belle De Jour, who started writing on her award-winning blog about her secret sex life. It's not for the faint-hearted and I can vouch for that *fans self*.
5. In Too Deep by Portia Da Costa – Gwendolynne Price is a young librarian who starts receiving erotic love notes in the suggestion box at work. Who is the mystery admirer?
6. Dirty by Megan Hart – Recommended by Beth Kerry in this Novelicious interview, Beth says the novel demonstrates that 'erotica or erotic romance could be amazingly well written and poignant and belong in the realms of literature'.
7. All You Can Eat by Emma Holly – Beth Kerry describes this erotic novel as 'unapologetically lusty and fun and gritty'. Frankie is having a bad day. Not only has her boyfriend dumped her but a dead body has turned up behind her cafe. This leads to Frankie having an increasingly kinky sex life with not one but two men.
8. The Affair: Week One by Beth Kerry – When hospice nurse Emma Shore observes a man and woman engaged in sexual subjugation at the house in which she works, she watches silently. Who is this man? And what is in store for Emma?
9. The Secret Trilogy by L. Marie Adeline – Cassie works in a cafe and wishes there was more to her life. Then she finds a notebook of explicit sexual confessions. This leads Carrie to discovering S·E·C·R·E·T, an underground society dedicated to helping women realise their wildest, most intimate sexual fantasies.
10. The Pleasures of Winter by Evie Hunter – Smart New York reporter Abbie Marshall is working on an undercover drugs story in Honduras when her life is in danger. She hops aboard a private jet with heartthrob, Jack Winter.
Have we missed any iconic naughty reads?