This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
1. Always start your working day with a coffee and a fag. Nicotine is a very good stimulant and helps you come up with loads of good ideas.
2. Write a few paragraphs, then read it back.If it's crap, delete it all then start all over again. Repeat this process several times and if you're still not making it work on the page, give up and do something more meaning… oh, I think I may already have mentioned this one.
3. Always pretend your novel took longer to write than it really did, this will make people take you and your writing much more seriously.
4. Never admit to handing over your unfinished novel to your husband because it was giving you a headache as this will just make people think he's cleverer than you.
5. Always read back your answers when filling in questionnaires as you ay have inadvertently given away stuff you'd much rather the whole world didn't know about.