This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Nuala Woulfe is the author of newly released The Goddess Village.
1. Just write, break it down into small steps, for example look at your favourite writers see how long their chapters are and decide to write one chapter of similar length, then another of similar length, then keep going.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
2. Write at different times of the day if you can and when you’re feeling happy, sad, have raging PMT etc. – different emotions will give your book different perspectives.
3. Get into a general routine, i.e. mostly write an hour or two at night or in the morning or at the weekend it doesn’t matter if it’s half an hour or two hours the point is to just do it and not to beat yourself up about it when you don’t.
4. Buy Writing the Breakout Novel by Donald Maass– I found it an eye-opener.
5. There are on line book support groups who can help in the process of becoming a writer. If you need support they can be very good for direction and can introduce you to workshops and agents.