This post was originally published at Novelicious.com and is now at WritingTipsOasis.com. WritingTipsOasis.com acquired Novelicious.com in June 2022.
Wendy Wax is the author of eight novels, and has been published in ten countries! Her newest book, While We Were Watching Downton Abbey, was released last month.
1. Put your butt in chair as often as possible.
2. Turn off the internal sensor and write. Get it down on the page without worrying about how good it is. You can fix anything but a blank page.
The following banner is an affiliate one. That means Writing Tips Oasis receive a small % of the sale if you purchase The Novel Factory, but at no extra cost to you:
3. Know your characters. Understand where they came from and where they’re going. It’s all about their growth. Understand that this can take time.
4. Seek out a community of writers. Nothing is better than the support of others on the same path.
5. Be prepared to do the work. Study your craft and develop as a writer. There are no shortcuts or easy paths.